Alsace French Hops – Exclusively available from HAAS®
Jun 5, 2020
HAAS® is proud to announce our partnership with Hop France. This new partnership provides HAAS®, our distributors, and our U.S. customers exclusive access to some of the most popular French aroma hops and proprietary hops from the Alsace region. If you’re on the lookout for exciting, aromatic hop varieties, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a rundown of some of the more interesting hops that we have available now, just in time for you to brew your next French Beer for Bastille Day (July 14):
Download all variety profile sheets here.
These proprietary HOP FRANCE hops are now in stock—and exclusively available in the USA to HAAS® and HAAS® distribution partners:
- Aramis is derived from another French Hop, Strisselspalt, which is the original, best-known legacy hop produced in Alsace. It has a similar flavor to Strisselspalt but higher oil and alpha content. It delivers floral, citrus, and woody aromatic flavors, and it works nicely in Lagers, Pilsners, Saisons, Pale Ales, and Weizenbier beers.
- Mistral is ideal for late and dry hopping for fruit character but also leaves a clean-tasting bitterness. It delivers sweet fruit and citrus flavors, and it works nicely in Belgian IPAs, America IPAs, Saison, and Pale Ales.
- Barbe Rouge is an aroma hop with a lot of flavor, higher oil and alpha content. It offers a non-lingering and refined bitterness. It delivers citrus, berry and currant flavors, and it works nicely in Belgian Ales, Amber, Pilsners, Pale ales, Black IPAs, and Porter beers.
- Elixir delivers berry and currant, citrus, and spicy flavors, and it works nicely in IPAs and Belgian Style beers.
- Triskel has excellent aroma qualities and much of the flavor characteristic as Strisselspalt. It delivers floral, sweet fruit, and cream caramel flavors, and it works nicely in Belgian Style Ales, Wheat Beers, Lagers, Pilsners, Saison, Session IPAs, and Pale Ales.
Other popular French hops, also available from HAAS®:
- Strisselspalt is the original, best-known legacy hop produced in France. An ideal hop for very late and dry hopping. It delivers herbal, floral, and spicy flavors, and it works nicely in Belgian Ales, Wheat Beers, Lagers, Pilsners, and Saisons.
- Fuggle is a popular hop used for dry-hopping. It is also grown in France. It delivers woody aromatic, green-grassy, and spicy flavors, and it works nicely in Lagers, English Ales, Belgian Style Ales, Amber, and Stout beers.
- Brewers Gold is a dual-purpose hop grown in France. It delivers berry and currant, citrus, and spicy flavors, and it works nicely in American Pale Ales, Belgian Ales, Imperial Stouts and Barley Wine.
For more information on these hops, contact your HAAS® Sales Representative or HAAS distribution partner today!