The John I. Haas Assistant Marketing Manager will work closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing to develop and execute marketing strategies and marketing plans.
This position balances strategic direction and oversight with direct development and implementation of marketing campaigns and promotions, coordinating cross-functional project teams, and deriving insights from analysis to build customer relationships and improve our organization or brand’s market position and impact. This role also supports in-house and agency marketing efforts by analyzing customer and marketing research materials, assessing the impact of marketing programs, and developing innovative campaigns to drive brand and product recognition and growth.
Skills and Qualifications
- Project management skills – Ability to effectively manage workflows and deliverables for marketing campaigns
- Strategic planning – Critical strategic thinking and experience to develop and successfully implement marketing and promotional campaigns
- Team coordination – Ability to work closely with cross-operational teams, coordinating, facilitating and motivating teams to successfully complete projects
- Presentation skills – Ability to present ideas and reports to business leaders and organizational team members
- Communication skills – Excellent written and verbal communications that engages senior business leaders, customers and cross-functional team members.
- Analytical skills – Routinely conducts market, company, customer and competitor assessments, the position requires excellent analytical and data interpretation skills
- Education requirement – a bachelor’s degree in business and/or marketing is required. An MBA in marketing is strongly preferred.
- Work experience – a minimum of 5 years experience in marketing or sales is required.
- Skills requirement – Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word competency is required